- [29.3.2016] SNF has accepted my project “MINCA – Models to Increase the Cost Awareness of Cloud Developers” for funding! The project is scheduled to start 1.4.2016.
- [19.1.2016] The paper “Patterns in the Chaos – “Patterns in the Chaos – a Study of Performance Variation and Predictability in Public IaaS Clouds” (co-authored with Jürgen Cito) has been accepted at ACM Transactions on Internet Technology. Here is the postprint version of the paper!
- [27.11.2015] In 2016 I will be co-organizing a Dagstuhl GI seminar on Performance-Aware DevOps. Find more details on the seminar web page.
I am working mainly with
- Jürgen Cito (University of Zurich, PhD student, cloud performance engineering)
- Gerald Schermann (University of Zurich, PhD student, evolution of cloud-based systems)
- Joel Scheuner (University of Zurich, master student, Hasler project DevCloud)
- Genc Mazlami (University of Zurich, master student, Hasler project DevCloud)
- Dominik Schöni (University of Zurich, master student, Hasler project DevCloud)
I am hiring a PhD student to work on the intersection of cloud computing and software development, with a focus on cost awareness. See here for more details. Drop me a line if you are interested!
- Rostyslav Zabolotnyi (Vienna University of Technology, PhD student, cloud middleware)
- Martin Brandtner (University of Zurich, PhD student, continuous integration)
- Christian Bosshard (University of Zurich, master student, now at Ergon Informatik AG)
Our research is funded directly by the University of Zurich, Department of Informatics, by the European 7th Framework Programme via the project CloudWave, by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNF) via the MINCA project, and by the European Cooperation in Science and Technology (COST) Programme via the COST Action ACROSS. Further, our research and teaching is supported by various cloud provider grants and sponsorships, including AWS, Microsoft Azure, and IBM / Softlayer.